Numerous national and European regulations impose strict requirements on the marketing of food. In addition, food law is characterized by an almost unmanageable number of production and labelling regulations.
We accompany our clients from the development of a new food product, through market introduction and marketing as well as to representation in times of crisis, e. g. in representing them against competitors and authorities. We also advise our clients in the adjoining areas of feed law and consumer goods law.
Among other our services include:
- Advice on product development
- Marketability assessments and approval procedures for foodstuffs (including novel foods, functional foods, dietary foods, dietary foods), feed, ingredients, additives
- Obtaining general rulings and exemptions
- Advice on advertising measures (such as health claims) and the development of advertising strategies
- Verification of labelling and packaging and presentation of food products, consumer goods and any kind of advertising in terms of food products and competition law
- Contractual advice to customers, suppliers, etc.
- Advice on defects and product liability
- Risk assessment of contamination and residues
- Crisis communication and management (call-back, press law disputes, food testing, etc.)
- Intellectual property rights: trademark protection, protected geographical indications or designations of origin, competition law, warnings, injunctions, actions
- Representation in dealings with authorities, competitors, courts and representation in criminal and administrative offences